Crochet is a great way to slow down and relax, but sometimes it can be more difficult to try and figure out what you want to crochet than to actually crochet. If you are having this issue, then I’m here to help you with 101 fun ideas on what to crochet when you are bored!
I know when I was younger that my mom hated us using the word ‘bored’ so it was barely ever heard in our house. She told us that if we were bored that there was always something to be cleaned so we learned early on to never sit under her and say we are bored. Apparently me and my siblings would rather have been bored than clean or fold laundry, LOL.
But, I will admit that sometimes you just have those days that you don’t know what to do and you are actually bored. Crochet is a great thing to do to help keep the boredom blues away and I’ll be sharing 101 project that are sure to keep you busy!
And, the best things about all these crochet projects? They are all FREE crochet patterns!
What to Crochet When You Are Bored?
Whether you are bored and learning to crochet as a new hobby or have lost your crojo (that’s mojo but in crochet, haha), you could crochet so many different things like Dish cloths, Coasters, Baby Hats, Scrubbies, Amigurumi or even a mug cozy, the list could literally go on forever.
Even if you are maybe bored of working on the same crochet project and want to do something different or to work on smaller projects, I got you covered!
I’ve broken it down into different sections with a different topic of fun crochet ideas underneath each section. So, whether you are wanting something useful to crochet or a small project, I’m sure you will find the perfect project to crochet!
Go grab your crochet hook and yarn because here is the ultimate list of 101 things to crochet when you are bored!
Things for your Kitchen
There are so many crochet items that you can make for your kitchen. These are some of my top picks!
1. Plastic Grocery Bag Holder by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
2. Mini Mitts Potholders by Crochet Dreamz
3. Easy Mop Cover by Grace & Yarn
4. Sunflower Potholders by Nana’s Crafty Home
5. Modern Round Potholders by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
6. Pan Protectors by Heart Hook Home
7. Double thick Potholders by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
8. Casserole Carrier by Heart Hook Home
9. Kitchen Scrubbies by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
Easy Crochet Projects
These easy crochet patterns are perfect for even beginner crocheters to make as most of them are made with simple stitches. Even if you are maybe working on a larger project and want some easy patterns to make when you take a break from your larger project, these are a great choice.
10. Double Crochet Dishcloths by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
11. Easy Bookmarks by Jo to the World Creations
12. Ridged Fingerless Gloves by My Crochet Space
13. Double Crochet Scarf by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
14. Bubble Bugs by A Crafty Conept
15. Round Cotton Face Scrubbies by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
16. Easy Rug Mugs by Jo to the World Creations
17. Keychain Buddy by Jo to the World Creations
18. Amigurumi Heart by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
Useful Crochet Projects
This is a selection of cool crochet ideas that you could find yourself using every day. So many of these patterns make for great gifts!
19. Soap Saver Bag by Briana K Designs
20. Glasses Case by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
21. Country Cottage Cozy by The Turtle Trunk
22. Keychain Wristlets by You Should Craft
23. Bath Pouf by Thoresby Cottage
24. Faux Fur Seat Belt Cover by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
25. Mason Jar Covers by Cute as a Button Crochet
26. Granny Stripe Steering Wheel Cover by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
27. Picot Ice Cream Pint Holder by The Turtle Trunk
Small Crochet Projects
These are some fun & quick crochet projects that take a very little amount of time to actually make. If you are tired of working on large projects then this section is for you! Every pattern in this section only takes 1 skein of yarn (really a lot less than that even, leftover yarn works great for them) because they are small projects.
28. Mini Octopi by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
29. Water Bottle Holder by Jo to the World Creations
30. Cottage Comfort Dishcloth by Daisy Cottage Designs
31. Coffee Cozy by Jo to the World Creations
32. Chunky Hearts by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
33. Exfoliating Scrubbie by Me ‘n’ My Hook
34. T-Rex Backpack Buddy by The Loopy Lamb
35. Face Scrubbie Mitts by Yarn Craftee
36. Cute Bandana by Hay Hay Crochet
Adorable Crochet Projects
I’m going to put a bunch of baby crochet things in this section because what can possibly be cuter than teeny, tiny baby crochet items?! A lot of these things would also make for great baby shower gifts!
37. Baby Socks by Adore Crea
38. Chunky Bear Hat by Crochet Dreamz
39. Cute Baby Hats by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
40. Adorable Baby Blanket by Jo to the World Creations
41 Baby Adventure Sweater by Daisy Farm Crafts
42. Dino Baby Lovey by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
43. Worsted Weight Bear Baby Beanies by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
44. Unicorn Baby Lovey by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
45. Baby Booties by Sarah Maker
Grab your cotton yarn and make some of these coasters! Coasters make for such fun crochet projects and they also make for the perfect gift idea!
46. Daisy Flower Coasters by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
47. Heart Coasters by Stitching Together
48. Unique Heart Coasters by Desert Blossom Crafts
49. Pumpkin Patch Coasters by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
50. Coffee Coasters by Repeat Crafter Me
51. Cactus Coasters by Sewrella
52. Boho Coasters by For the Frills
53. Snowman Coasters by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
54. Rainbow Coasters by Stitch by Fay
Miscellaneous Crochet Patterns
This section is full of a bunch of different types of easy projects that are great to crochet when you are bored!
55. Picot Headband by The Turtle Trunk
56. Giraffe Amigurumi by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
57. Chicken Coasters by Denton Foreman
58. Simple Pillow by Jo to the World Creations
59. Unicorn Amigurumi by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
60. Rover Circle Bag by Taylor Lynn Crochet
61. Heart Cup Cozy by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
62. Flower Freeze Pop Holder by Jo to the World Creations
63. Summer Harvest Market Bag by Stitchberry Blog
64. Beginner Shawl by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
65. Waffle Stitch Dishcloths by I Can Crochet That
66. Twisted Cup Cozy by Winding Road Crochet
67. Ombre Scarf by Easy Crochet
68. No Sew Cupcakes by Little Crochet Farm
69. Easy Tote Bag by Jo to the World Creations
70. Claire Cup Cozy by A Crafty Concept
71. Car Vent Clip by Heart Hook Home
72. Beach Bag by Jo to the World Creations
73. Flower Face Scrubbies by Kirsten Holloway Designs
74. Car Sun Shades by Heart Hook Home
75. Beach Chair Caddy by A Crocheted Simplicity
76. Watermelon Cup Cozy by Crochet 365 Knit Too
77. Millie Hanging Basket by The Loophole Fox
78. Easy Bath Mat by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
79. Travel Pillow by Heart Hook Home
80. C2C Washcloths by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
81. Retro Flower Pillow by Kitz Knitz
82. No Sew Turtle Plush by The Friendly Red Fox
83. Such Simple Shawl by Wilmade
84. Axolotl Amigurumi by
85. Gracie Doll by A Crafty Concept
86. Paw Print Pillow Cover by Jo to the World Creations
87. Denim Triangle Scarf by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
88. Flower Pillow by Maria’s Blue Crayon
89. Santa Pillow by Maria’s Blue Crayon
90. Peanut’s Cat Couch by TL Yarn Crafts
91. Granny Squares by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
92. Reusable Water Balloons by Left in Knots
93. Poptart Amigurumi by Stringy Ding Ding
94. Strawberry Granny Squares by Raffamusa Designs
95. Bee Amigurumi by Grace & Yarn
96. No Sew Mini Frog by Stitching With Sab
97. Egg Gathering Apron by Heart Hook Home
98. Dog Bandana by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
99. Granny Triangle Shawl by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
Now we are down to the very last 2 things of what to crochet when you are bored.
100. Donut Amigurumi by Okie Girl Bling ‘n’ Things
The best part about these little donuts? They are calorie free! Plus, they are such a quick project too!
And, finally time for the very LAST free pattern of this list…….
101. Rainbow Monsters by Natalina Crafts
These are so cute made in different colors! I could see them being big sellers at craft fairs because they are the cutest things!
From a simple dishcloth pattern to amigurumi toys, I hope that you have found a free pattern that you will enjoy making and kick away that boredom blues!
If you are still looking for even more fun crochet patterns, then check out these other crochet pattern round ups!
- 50 Adult Beanie Patterns
- Cozy Shawl Patterns
- Afghan Patterns
- 50 Baby Blanket Patterns
- Dishcloth Patterns
- Keychain Patterns
That wraps up this round up for 101 Fun Projects to Crochet When You Are Bored! I hope that you have found a project that you love and will enjoy crocheting!