It’s finally time to release my Denim Triangle Scarf Crochet Pattern! Up until now, this pattern was only available in a crochet kit that I was selling in my Etsy shop. The beautiful thing about this scarf is that it can also double as a shawl! And, you could very easily make it larger without any problems!
Another shawl that I crocheted that I really loved was my Denim shawl. I made it with an Ombre yarn and the colors are stunning! I used one of my favorite stitches, the Moss Stitch to make it. Here’s what it looked like –
But, back to the Denim Triangle Scarf, I originally created the pattern for one of my monthly crochet mystery boxes (September 2022). If you don’t know what that is, every month around the 1st of the month I sell a crochet mystery box that includes all the yarn and materials for New, never released crochet pattern and a bunch of extra goodies like stitch markers, handmade items and candy (the extras change every month.)
If you’d like to know when these boxes are available, the best way to keep up would be to follow me on Facebook. Follow me HERE
The best thing about this scarf is that it is a 1 row repeat after the 2nd row! And, it’s all made up of 2 stitches, the chain stitch and the double crochet. It’s a very beginner friendly crochet pattern, but the color changes make it look more complex and beautiful! But, even if you are an experienced crocheter, you would still enjoy making this scarf.
Check out my other FREE Crochet Patterns!
Follow me on Social Media for more Patterns!
PIN this pattern to save for later!
- You can purchase the ad-free, downloadable, printable PDF pattern in my Etsy shop Here Thank you so much for your support!
- Save to your Ravelry Queue Here
- Pin to Pinterest to save for later Here
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel Here
Things you will need:
- Brava Worsted (1 skein each) in Silver (Color A), Denim (Color B) and Solstice Heather (Color C)
- K / 6.5mm Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- 3 – 4” tall piece of cardboard (for the fringe)
- Small sized crochet hook (for the fringe, I used a 4mm)
Finished Measurements – Scarf is approx. 26” long and 51” across without the fringe.
Stitch Key –
- ch = chain
- st = stitch (es)
- sk = skip
- mc = magic circle / ring
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- dc = double crochet
- sp = space
- yo = yarn over
- t = turn
- I do have a full video tutorial for the Granny Triangle stitch, view the video HERE
- Change colors of yarn every 2 rows following this pattern, *Color A, Color B, Color C, repeat from *
- I cut my yarn after ever color change instead of running the colors up the side, this makes for a cleaner look
- Fringe is completely optional! It’s whatever you like.
- I do have a tutorial showing you how I make and add my fringe to crochet pieces HERE
Row 1: ch 4, sl st in 1st st to form a ring, ch 4 (counts as a dc + ch 1 here and throughout), (3 dc, ch 2, 3dc, ch 1, dc) in ch 4 ring
Row 2: ch 4, t, 3 dc in ch 1 sp, ch 1, ( 3dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in ch 2 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in ch 1 sp, ch 1, dc in last st ( 3rd ch up of the ch 4 from previous row)
*check the NOTES section of the pattern for the color guide
Row 3: ch 4, t, * 3 dc in ch 1 sp, ch 1* repeat * to * until you reach ch 2 sp, ( 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in ch 2 sp, ch 1, * 3 dc in ch 1 sp, ch 1* repeat * to * until last st, dc in last st
Row 4 – 26 : repeat row 3
Cut yarn and weave in ends.
You can always continue on to make a larger scarf, but you will need more yarn.
Fringe is optional.
To add Fringe –
Wrap the yarn around the piece of cardboard and cut it across one end to make the pieces of fringe.
Attach it to the shawl, I do have video on how to attach fringe HERE
I’d love to see your creations that you make from all of my patterns, be sure to tag me @okiegirlblingnthings on Instagram so I can see. Whether you make this Denim Triangle Scarf Crochet Pattern or something else entirely, tag me!