Are you needing an easy scarf crochet pattern? Then, I think that you have come to the right place! Best thing about this scarf? It’s made with a 1 row repeat! Perfect if you are a beginner crocheter or just want a simple, easy scarf crochet pattern to work on while watching TV and you don’t want to concentrate too hard.
The fringe is completely optional and you can choose to add it or not. I love fringe and like adding it to scarves and shawls. It really adds to the finished piece, in my opinion.
I used We Crochet’s Brava Stripe yarn in Berry Wine. It works up beautifully and is the perfect yarn for this project! The different tones of Purple and even a little white go so well together.
It’s the perfect project to work on this winter while sitting by the warm fire watching TV.
This scarf is made using a special stitch called the ‘Wattle Stitch.‘ After the foundation row, the Wattle stitch is worked in a 1 row repeat.
If you are a visual learner, I made a YouTube video tutorial for this pattern!
Check out my other FREE Crochet Patterns!
Follow me on Social Media for more Patterns!
PIN this pattern to save for later!
- You can purchase the ad-free, downloadable, printable PDF pattern in my Etsy shop Here Thank you so much for your support!
- Save to your Ravelry Queue Here
- Pin to Pinterest to save for later Here
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel Here
Things you will need:
- 4 skeins of Brava Stripe in Berry Wine
- I / 5.5mm Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- 3 – 4” tall piece of cardboard (for the fringe)
- Small sized crochet hook (for the fringe, I use a 4mm)
Finished Measurements – Scarf is approx. 83” long (without fringe) and 10” wide
Stitch Key –
- ch = chain
- st = stitch (es)
- sk = skip
- mc = magic circle / ring
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- dc = double crochet
- sp = space
- yo = yarn over
- t = turn
- This scarf is made using the wattle stitch. You can find the video tutorial for this Scarf HERE
- To make the scarf wider / thinner you can use a smaller / bigger amount of starting chain stitches. Any number that is divisible by 3 will work for this stitch.
- Fringe is completely optional! It’s whatever you like.
- I do have a tutorial showing you how I make and add my fringe to crochet pieces HERE
Easy Crochet Scarf Pattern
Row 1: ch 45, in the 3rd chain from your hook, work (sc, ch 1, dc) in same st, * sk 2 ch st, (sc, ch 1, dc) in next st* repeat * to * across until you reach last 3 stitches, sk 2 st, sc in very last st
Row 2: ch 1, t, *sk next sc, dc, (sc, ch 1, dc) in ch 1 sp* repeat across, sc in very last st
Row 3 – 210: repeat row 2
You should have about 1/4 of the last skein left for the fringe.
You can always continue on to make a longer scarf, but you will need more yarn.
Cut yarn and weave in all ends.
Fringe is optional.
To add Fringe –
Wrap the yarn around the piece of cardboard and cut it across one end to make the pieces of fringe.
Add the fringe across both ends of the scarf.
I’d love to see your creations that you make from all of my patterns, be sure to tag me @okiegirlblingnthings on Instagram so I can see. Whether you make this Easy Scarf Crochet Pattern or something else, tag me on social media!