This is the 1st knitted pattern that I have published in awhile! It’s been over a year since my last knit pattern was released. Apparently I need to knit more! But, I have been in a knitting mood here lately, so, I decided to design this Basic Cable Knit Beanie Pattern.
My last knit pattern that I published was my Autumn Shawl. I love all the colors in this piece!
I chose to use a #4 worsted weight yarn for this beanie, so it’s not too thick or too thin. It’s just the perfect thickness. I also think it would look good topped with a pom pom!
The details are beautiful! I love how the top closes just perfectly!
I chose to use Knit Picks Brava Tweed yarn in the color Rosefinch. It was absolutely perfect for this beanie!
If you have never knitted cables, don’t be intimidated by them. They really are easier than they look!
Follow me on Social Media for Lots of FREE Patterns!
PIN this pattern to save for later!
- You can purchase the ad-free, downloadable, printable PDF pattern in my Etsy shop Here Thank you so much for your support!
- Save to your Ravelry Queue Here
- Pin to Pinterest to save for later Here
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel Here
Things you will need:
- KnitPicks Brava Tweed in Rosefinch (1 skein)
- US 8 – 5mm Knitting Needles. 16” Circulars and DPNs + Cable Needle
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn Needle
Stitch Key –
- CO = Cast on
- K = Knit
- P = Purl
- FO = Fasten Off
- 3/3 LC = 6 Stitch Left Cable
- SSK = Slip Slip Knit
- P2tog = Purl 2 Stitches Together
- st = stitch (es)
Special Stitches –
- 3/3 LC – Slip 3 sts to cable needle and hold in front. k 3 st, k 3 st from cable needle
- SSK – Slip one stitch knitwise, then slip a second stitch knitwise. Insert left needle through the front of both slipped stitches from left to right. Complete knit stitch by wrapping yarn around right needle and pulling through.
Gauge – 16 st x 24 r = 4” in stockinette
- Beanie is knit from the bottom up
- I prefer to use the long tail cast on for this beanie. Any stretchy cast on would work.
Beanie measures approx. 8.5” tall and 7.5” across the brim (unstretched). Will fit an average adult head of 21”-23”
CO 80 st, join to knit in the round
Round 1 – 10: * K 2, P 2* repeat * to * around (80)
Round 11 – 14: * P 4, K 6* repeat * to * around (80)
Round 15: * P 4, 3/3 LC* repeat * to * around (80)
Round 16 – 20: * P 4, K 6* repeat * to * around (80)
Round 21 – 44: repeat rows 15 – 20, 4 more times
Round 45: * P 4, 3/3 LC* repeat * to * around (80)
Round 46: * P 1, P2TOG, P 1, K 6* repeat * to * around (72)
Round 47: * P 3, K 6* repeat * to * around (72)
Round 48: * P 1, P2TOG, K 6* repeat * to * around (64)
Round 49: * P 2, K 6* repeat * to * around (64)
Row 50: * P2TOG, K 6* repeat * to * around (56)
Round 51: * P 1, 3/3 LC* repeat * to * around (56)
Round 52: * SSK, K 2 * repeat * to * around (42)
Round 53: * SSK, K 1* repeat * to * around (28)
Round 54: * SSK * repeat * to * around (14)
Round 55: * SSK * repeat * to * around (7)
FO, pull to close. Weave in ends
I hope that you have found this tutorial helpful! I love to see what everyone makes using inspiration from my blog! So, whether you make this Basic Cable Knit Beanie Pattern or another one of my patterns, Be sure to tag me @okiegirlblingnthings on Instagram so I can see!