Introducing my Denim Shawl Crochet Pattern! It’s a super easy and pretty shawl! It works up super fast with a 1 row repeat, but don’t let that fool you. This shawl is elegant and beautiful!
The Yarn I used –
I used Lion Brand Mandala Ombre Yarn in the color Harmony and the way that the yarn works up is absolutely gorgeous!
This yarn is absolutely gorgeous and I love how the colors gradually change and blend together. It’s super soft and is actually made out of 100% Acrylic.
Here is what Lion Brand Says about it on their website – ”Mandala Ombré is slightly thicker than the original, spun with multiple plies of premium acrylic, which give it the look and feel of merino at a fraction of the cost.”
You could easily add more skeins of yarn to make an even bigger shawl, if you prefer. I used 3 skeins for the shawl and the fringe and my shawl is approx. 70” across x 32.5” long (without the fringe and the fringe will add 6”) You can even leave the fringe off completely for a different look.
I also made another one in the color Felicity!
Be sure to Follow me on Social Media to never miss a FREE pattern!
PIN this pattern to save for later!!!
Check out my other Patterns!
- Everyday Shawl
- Okie Girl Sweater
- Pretty in Peplum Sweater
- C2C Moss Stitch Blanket
- Moss Stitch Triangle Scarf
- Baby Bear Hat (5 sizes)
Denim Shawl Crochet Pattern
- You can purchase the ad-free, downloadable, printable PDF pattern in my Etsy shop Here Thank you so much for your support!
- Save to your Ravelry Queue Here
- Pin to Pinterest to save for later Here
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel Here
Things you will need:
- 3 Skeins Mandala Ombre Yarn in Harmony
- 6.00mm / J Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- 6” tall piece of cardboard (for the fringe)
- Small sized crochet hook (for the fringe, I used a 4mm)
- Shawl is approx. 70” across x 32.5” long (without the fringe)
- The fringe will add 6” in length.
- 8 st x 14 r = 4” in moss stitch
- I only counted the sc as stitches
- Gauge isn’t super important as a shawl can differ slightly in size and still fit.
- Sc = single crochet
- T = turn
- Sk = skip
- Sl st = slip stitch
- Ch = chain
- St = stitch (es)
- To make the fringe you can use a piece of cardboard that is 6” tall
- You can make the fringe as long as you would like. I made my fringe 6” long.
With J Hook-
Row 1: ch 2, in 1st ch (sc, ch 1, sc, ch 2, sc, ch 1, sc) You Should have 4 st (I only count the single crochets as stitches)
Row 2: ch 1, t, sc in 1st sc, ch 1, sc in ch-1 sp, ch 1, (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch-2 sp, ch 1, sc in ch-1 sp, ch 1, sc in last st (6)
Row 3: ch 1, t, sc in 1st sc, ch 1, * sc in ch-1 sp, ch 1* repeat * to * until you reach ch-2 sp, (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch-2 sp, ch 1, *sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1* repeat * to * until you reach the last st, sc in last st (8)
Row 4 – 84: repeat row 3
Or use as many skeins of yarn as you would like to make a larger shawl.
Cut yarn and weave in ends.
You should have about 1/2 of a skein of yarn left for the fringe
You could easily not add the fringe and leave the shawl as is.
To add Fringe:
Wrap the yarn around the piece of cardboard and cut it across one end to make the pieces of fringe.
Add the fringe to the shawl:
I add 1 piece of fringe to every single crochet & chain 1 space.
Take a piece of fringe and fold it in half. Then take your small sized crochet hook and insert it into the space where you want to add the fringe. Put the piece of yarn on the hook and pull it through the space a little. Grab the 2 ends of the piece of fringe and pull them through the loop. Pull tight to secure.
Repeat around the shawl.
Be sure to stay and take a look around to check out my other patterns!
I hope that you have found this tutorial helpful! I love to see what everyone makes using inspiration from my blog! So, whether you make this Denim Shawl crochet pattern or another one of my patterns, Be sure to tag me @okiegirlblingnthings on Instagram so I can see!