This pattern was one of those ‘oh, I love this speckled yarn. What can I make with it’ moments. I bought the yarn and had absolutely no idea what I was going to do with it. I got home and looked through my yarn stash to see what colors would all go with it and it hit me, I wanted to make a blanket with bright colored polka dots all over it. So, introducing my Polka Dot Blanket!
I couldn’t be any happier with how the finished blanket turned out! It’s absolutely perfect!
Be sure to Follow me on Social Media to never miss anything new!!!
PIN this pattern to save for later!
- You can purchase the ad-free, downloadable, printable PDF pattern in my Etsy shop Here Thank you so much for your support!
- Save to your Ravelry Queue Here
- Pin to Pinterest to save for later Here
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel Here
Things you will need:
- I Love This Yarn (4 skeins in Fruit Salad. 1 skein each of Hot Rose, Turquoise, Yellow)
- 5.00mm / H Hook
- Yarn Needle
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- dc5tog = double crochet 5 stitches together
- t = turn
- st = stitch (es)
- Sl st = slip stitch
Yarn Over (YO), insert hook, YO, pull back through, YO, pull through two loops, *YO, insert hook into SAME space as before, YO, pull back through, YO pull through 2 loops. Repeat from * 3 more times. YO and pull through all 6 loops.
- Begin working single crochet in the 2nd chain from your hook
- You should have 120 stitches at the end of every row
- MC = main color which is fruit salad
- CC = Contrast color Which will alternate between turquoise, yellow & hot rose
- Finished blanket measures approx. 33” x 36”
With MC, ch 121 st
Row 1 – 8: (MC) sc 120
Row 9: (MC) sc 10, (CC) sc 4, * (MC) sc 12, (CC) sc 4* repeat * to * 5 more times, (MC) sc 10
Row 10: (MC) sc 9, (CC) sc 6, * (MC) sc 10, (CC) sc 6 * repeat * to * 5 more times, (MC) sc 9
Row 11 – 14: * (MC) sc 8, (CC) sc 8 * repeat * to * 6 more times, (MC) sc 8
Row 15: (MC) sc 9, (CC) sc 6, * (MC) sc 10, (CC) sc 6 * repeat * to * 5 more times, (MC) sc 9
Row 16: (MC) sc 10, (CC) sc 4, * (MC) sc 12, (CC) sc 4* repeat * to * 5 more times, (MC) sc 10
Repeat rows 1 – 16, 6 more times alternating the contrast color every repeat. I done the following order –
- Hot Rose
- Hot Rose
You could easily keep repeating and make a bigger blanket.
With MC evenly sl st around all of the edges of the blanket, placing 2 sc in each corner, sl st into 1st st when you reach back to where you started.
With hot rose, sl st anywhere around the edge of the blanket.
* Ch 3, in the first ch of those ch 3’s work a dc5tog, sl st into 5 st * repeat * to * all the way around the border of the blanket. Sl st when you reach the beginning.
Cut your yarn. Weave in all ends.
I love to see everything that y’all make from my patterns! Whether you make this polka dot blanket or another one of my patterns, Be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see! Who knows, I might even share it!