I’m absolutely in love with the puff stitch! I love the look of it, especially when using a multi color or striped yarn. It’s super easy and works up in less than an hour, so a super quick pattern too!
Plus, I even made a video tutorial for this headband for those of y’all that like to watch how something is made instead of read a pattern.
This pattern is for an adult headband but the pattern could easily be sized down for smaller heads.
- You can purchase the ad-free, downloadable, printable PDF pattern in my Etsy shop Here Thank you so much for your support!
- Save to your Ravelry Queue Here
- Pin to Pinterest to save for later Here
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel Here
Things you will need:
- I Love This Yarn
- 5.00 mm / H Hook
- Yarn Needle
- Ch = chain
- Sc = single crochet
- fsc = foundation single crochet
- ps = puff stitch
- sk = skip
- St = stitch (es)
- Sl st = slip stitch
- 16 st x 16 r = 4” in sc
- This headband uses a very neat stitch called the “Puff Stitch”
- How to do the puff stitch: *yarn over and insert hook into stitch, pull up a loop (as if you were going to do a double crochet), you now have 3 loops on your hook. Yarn over and insert hook into the same stitch and pull up another loop (5 loops on hook) repeat 2 more times until you have 9 loops on your hook, yarn over and pull through all 9 loops. Secure with a chain stitch.
- Will fit an average adult head of 21’’ – 23’’ around.
- Headband measures approx. 20’’ unstretched
Round 1: 58 fsc, being careful not to twist, join with sl st into 1st st of the round (58)
Round 2: ch 1, ps in the same st, sk next st, * ps in the next st, sk next st* repeat * to * around, join with a sl st into the top of the 1st ps (29 ps)
Round 3-7: ch 1, ps in same st, ps in every open space, made from securing your puff st with a chain in previous round, around until you reach the very last open space, sk it and join with a sl st (you should have 29 ps at the end of every round)
Round 8: ch 1, sc in same st and in every st around, both the puff st and the ch st used to secure the puff st, sl st
Cut yarn and weave in ends