Did you know that crocheting your own scrubbies is a great way to use up scrap yarn that you have laying around? If you need some ideas on what type of scrubbies to make then enjoy this round up filled with 15 scrubby crochet patterns!
Over the past few years, there have been so many new scrubby yarns become available. I especially love all the bright colors that you can find scrubby yarns in. Who knows, it might even make your dish washing more fun using a colorful crochet scrubby!
Scrubbies, whether for washing dishes or for washing your face, seem to have become very popular and here may be a few reasons why –
- Reusable – They are more economical than a traditional kitchen sponge or even facial cotton rounds because you can just wash them and then reuse them for a long time instead of tossing them into the trash.
- Easy to Make and Sell at Markets – I know when I have done markets in the past, scrubbies were a great thing to have to sell. They are super quick and easy, they are even something that you can sit and crochet while at your market when it seems slow.
- Uses Little Yarn – All those scraps of cotton yarn that you may have laying around work great for making scrubbies. It takes such a small amount of yarn that usually leftover yarn from other projects is all you need to make them.
- Saves Money – Aside from not using that much yarn, which alone makes them inexpensive to make, they will last for a really long time. If you use cotton yarn (which I recommend for scrubbies) it holds up extremely well and is very durable. Which means that it will last for quite some time.
- Yarn Variations – Different yarn brands have been expanding their scrubby yarn lines! So we aren’t stuck with just having to use plain cotton yarn to make scrubbies with, we now have quite a few fun scrubby yarns. One of my favorites is Yarn Bee Scrubology ‘Scrub It’ yarn. It comes in an array of different colors to make some fun scrubbies.
Popular Scrubby Yarns
You may wonder, ‘what is the best type of yarn to use for scrubbies?’ The answer would be that there are 2 different types of yarn that work great for making scrubbies. The first would be any scrubby yarn or specific yarn that is made for crocheting scrubbies like Red Heart Scrubby Yarn.
The second best option is going to be a cotton yarn, especially if you plan on making face scrubbies as it is not as rough as scrubby yarn.
A few popular scrubby yarns are
- Yarn Bee Scrubology “Scrub It’ Yarn
- Lion Brand Stitch Soak Scrub Yarn
- Red Heart Scrubby Yarn
- Red Heart Scrubby Sparkle
- Lily Sugar & Cream Scrub Off (it’s a blend of scrubby and cotton yarn on one skein)
There are so many fun yarn options when it comes to scrubby yarn as different yarn companies have seemed to really expanded their selection over the past few years.
Check out some more FREE crochet patterns!
- 101 Crochet Projects to Make When You Are Bored
- 17 Shawl Free Crochet Patterns
- Top Afghan Crochet Patterns
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- 21 Granny Square Bag Patterns
- Valentine’s Day Patterns
- St. Patrick’s Day Patterns
- 50 Coaster Crochet Patterns
- 17 Scubby Patterns
- 21 Dishcloth Free Crochet Patterns
- 50 Adult Beanie Crochet Patterns
- 25 Winter Scarf Patterns
Enjoy these 15 FREE Scrubby Crochet Patterns!
1. Pot Scrubbers
These little scrubbies are made with simple stitches and are doubled so they are twice as thick. They are a super quick and easy crochet project.
Find the Easy Pot Scrubber Crochet Pattern by Okie Girl Bling n Things
2. Kitchen Scrubbies
Don’t want to make the regular round scrubbies that you always see? I love these simple and easy rectangle kitchen scrubbies. There is even a video tutorial to go along with the written pattern.
Find the Kitchen Scrubbies Crochet Pattern by Okie Girl Bling n Things
3. Pineapple Scrubby
Who wants a boring, old kitchen sponger when you can crochet this adorable pineapple scrubby?!
Find the Pineapple Scrubby Crochet Pattern by Okie Girl Bling n Things
4. Dish Scrubbies
This is another take on my kitchen scrubbies crochet pattern with a different type of scrubby yarn.
Find Dish Scrubbies Crochet Pattern by Okie Girl Bling n Things
5. Round Scrubby
This free pattern uses the Scrub-o-logy yarn and makes for a great project that doesn’t take very much yarn to complete.
Find the Round Scrubby Crochet Pattern by Desert Blossom Crafts
6. My Favorite Dish Scrubby
You will use 2 strands of yarn when crocheting this scrubby, a strand of cotton yarn and a strand of scrubby yarn.
Find the My Favorite Dish Scrubby Pattern by Prims n Stitches
7. Spiral Scrubby
This is a really fun scrubby pattern that uses both a scrubby yarn and a worsted weight cotton yarn.
Find the Spiral Scrubby Crochet Pattern by City Farmhouse Studio
8. Watermelon Scrubby
These watermelon scrubbies are so cute! It would be such a cool idea to change the scrubbies out in your kitchen as the seasons change and these would be perfect for summer time.
Find the Watermelon Scrubby Crochet Pattern by Midwestern Moms
9. Roll Up Scrubby
These crochet scrubbies are made in an interesting way as they are able to be unrolled to be able to dry faster.
Find the Roll Up Crochet Scrubby Pattern by Crochet Dreamz
10. Spiral Scrubby
This cool spiral scrubby only has a video tutorial and no written instructions.
Find the Spiral Scrubby Crochet Pattern by Naztazia
11. The Classic Scrubby
Looking for just a simple and basic scrubby pattern? Then I think that you might like this one.
Find the The Classic Scrubby Crochet Pattern by Yarnfully Yours
12. Cotton Facial Rounds
These face scrubbies are a great option if you are looking for something to replace disposable cotton rounds.
Find the Cotton Facial Rounds Crochet Pattern by Okie Girl Bling n Things
13. Polka Dot Face Scrubbies
The unique texture of these scrubbies would make for great makeup remover pads.
Find the Polka Dot Face Scrubbies Crochet Pattern by This Pixie Creates
14. Flower Face Scrubbies
Don’t want to crochet the same old round or even square shaped scrubbies? Why not try making this cute flower scrubby!
Find the Flower Face Scrubbies Crochet Pattern by You Should Craft
15. 2 Sided Scrubber
This is a neat way to make a crochet dish scrubber. One side is smoother and for lighter scrubbing and the other side is rougher for when you need some extra scrubbing power.
Find the 2 Sided Scrubber Crochet Pattern by Heart Hook Home
That wraps up this round up for 15 Scrubby Yarn Crochet Patterns! I hope that you have found a pattern that you love! Go grab your crochet hook and yarn and let’s get started!