Faux Fur Yarn is known for being a super soft and plush type yarn. Did you know that there are all kinds of things like blankets, amigurumi, scarves, ear warmers and even Christmas Tree Skirts that you can crochet with faux yarn? This round up filled with faux fur yarn crochet patterns that I hope you will enjoy!
Different Brands of Faux Fur Yarn
Both are high quality, super bulky yarn and both come in quite a few colors to match any project that you want to crochet.
Tips for Working with Faux Fur Yarn
- Feel your stitches. It’s not so easy to see your individual stitches when working with a faux fur yarn. So, it’s best if you feel for them instead of trying to look for them. The easiest way is to use your fingers to feel for the next stitch and where to insert your crochet hook at.
- Wouldn’t recommend using faux fur yarn for beginners. If you are pretty new to crochet, I wouldn’t recommend starting with faux fur yarn right away. If your are a newer crocheter, I’d highly recommend using a smoother, worsted weight yarn like Knit Picks Brava Worsted or I Love This Yarn to begin with until you get the basics down.
- Use Simple Stitch Patterns. It really doesn’t matter if you try to do a very intricate stitch pattern or a simple one because due to the fuzziness of the yarn, both will look the same. It’s so hard to have a different look with this yarn no matter what stitch you use. So, to make it easy stick to simple stitches like single crochet, half double crochet or even double crochet stitches.
- Use Stitch Markers. I’d highly recommend using stitch markers to help keep you on track and to not lose stitches! You can even use them to help keep track of your rows.
- Go Slow & Don’t get in a Hurry. This is probably the best tip of all. Take your time and learn to work with the different textures of faux fur yarn. There is a bit of a learning curve to using faux yarn, but once you get the hang of it, there will be no stopping you!
Check out some of my other Pattern Round Ups!
- 27 One Skein Patterns
- 21 Granny Square Bag Patterns
- 17 FREE Shawl Patterns
- 20 Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Valentine’s Day Pattern Round Up
- St. Patrick’s Day Patterns
- Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
PIN this post to save for Later!
1. Bubble Bugs
I’m going to start out with amigurumi made with furry yarn and I don’t know if it gets much cuter than these little bubble bugs! I’m sure that kids would go crazy for them!
Find the Bubble Bugs Crochet Pattern HERE by A Crafty Concept
2. Cooties: The Fur Amigurumi Heart
You could either add the safety eyes of leave them off, totally up to you! I love this one around Valentine’s Day, then you can give it to someone and tell them that you gave them cooties for Valentines 😂
Find Cooties: The Fur Heart Pattern HERE by Okie Girl Bling n Things
3. Teddy Bear
Yes, you can even crochet a teddy bear with fluffy yarn! Is this not the cutest?! Crochet this little bear and I’m sure everyone won’t be able to believe that you made it yourself!
Find the Teddy Bear Crochet Pattern HERE by The Loopy Lamb
4. Faux Fur Throw Blanket
If this isn’t the coziest looking blanket that I’ve ever seen. It’s made with a luxurious faux fur yarn and is made with a 1 row pattern repeat! How easy is that?
Find the Faux Fur Throw Blanket Pattern HERE by Mama in a Stitch
5. Bunny Lovey
This has to be the cutest faux fur pattern that there is! How cute would this be decorating a baby’s nursery. So sweet.
Find the Bunny Lovey Pattern HERE by Sweet Creek Patterns
6. Faux Fur Coat
This would make for the coziest winter piece that you will grab time and time again in the chilly weather! And, it’s a FREE crochet pattern!
Find the Faux Fur Coat Crochet Pattern HERE by Mama in a Stitch
7. Luxe Throw Pillow
I know that you have had to seen those expensive fur throw pillows?! Now, you can crochet your own with this free pattern.
Find the Luxe Throw Pillow Pattern HERE by All About Ami
8. Fur-Ever Infinity Scarf
Talk about a luxe faux fur cowl! You will be so excited for cold weather knowing that you can wrap yourself up in this bulky weight, Super soft scarf!
Find the Fur-Ever Infinity Scarf Pattern HERE by Heart Hook Home
9. Faux Fur Mittens
Your next crochet project needs to be these furry mittens! To some people the best part of these mittens would be that they are made with pink yarn.
Find the Faux Fur Mitten Pattern HERE by All About Ami
10. Christmas Stocking
You can even use faux fur yarn for Christmas Crochet Patterns. I think that this stocking would be so pretty made in a white or cream colored fur yarn.
Find the Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern HERE by OTH Crochet Nook
11. Farmhouse Tree Skirt
This tree skirt uses simple stitches to create an elegant looking piece. I’ve always wanted to crochet a tree skirt and now I’ll have to consider incorporating the faux fur yarn.
Find the Farmhouse Tree Skirt Pattern HERE by You Should Craft
12. Faux Fur Pom Poms
I love this idea as opposed to making pom poms out of fur material (that sheds horribly). Super easy way to make a pom pom to add to a hat!
Find the Pom Pom Crochet Pattern HERE by Left in Knots
13. Boot Cuffs
This is another great pattern that uses fable fur yarn! Now you can make any pair of your boots have fur lining at the top.
Find the Faux Sho Boot Cuffs Pattern HERE by Heart Hook Home
14. Faux Fur Earwarmer
Talk about being wrapped in coziness all winter with this earwarmer. You can make this to match your mittens and have a complete winter set!
Find the Faux Fur Earwarmer Pattern HERE by Sarah Faith Crafts
15. Fuzzy Scrunchies
Talk about a quick and easy crochet project! These would literally take just a couple of minutes to whip up and aren’t they cute?!
Find the Fuzzy Scrunchy Pattern HERE by Blessed and a Mess
16. Faux Fur Wreath
I love the look of this wreath! It’s so cozy and cheery looking. Perfect to use around the holidays.
Find the Faux Fur Wreath Pattern HERE by Made With a Twist
17. Fingerless Gloves
Don’t want a whole mitten and want to keep your fingers free? Then make a pair of these faux fur fingerless gloves!
Find the Fingerless Gloves Pattern HERE by Cosy Rosie
18. Otis the Owl
This is another crochet item that no one will be believe that you actually made it yourself! And, isn’t it adorable?!
Find the Otis the Owl Crochet Pattern HERE by The Loopy Lamb
19. Fur Lined Hooded Scarf with Pockets
This awesome crochet pattern is complete with even a video tutorial! This would be such a cozy piece to have in the winter!
Find the Hooded Scarf Pattern HERE by Stardust Gold Crochet
20. Peanut’s Cat Couch
OK, if this isn’t the cutest thing that I’ve seen in awhile?! Anyone that knows me, knows that I’m a sucker for cats. So, I had to include this pattern in the round up!
Find Peanut’s Cat Couch Crochet Pattern HERE by TL Yarn Crafts
21. Odie the Bunny
Can you believe that this bunny is crocheted?! I love that you can even make amigurumi with Faux Fur Yarns!
Find Odie the Bunny Pattern HERE by Crystalized-Designs
That wraps up this round up for 21 Free Faux Fur Yarn Crochet patterns blog post! I hope that you have found a fun challenge to crochet! So, go grab your crochet hook and favorite yarn and get started!