Scrubbies make for the quickest and most useful crochet project! In this post I will be sharing both face and dish scrubbie crochet patterns.
A lot of these patterns could go either way depending on which yarn you use to make them with.
It seems like scrubbies have been becoming even more popular over the last few years. And here may be a few reasons why –
- Easy to Make and Sell at Markets – I know when I have done markets in the past, these little scrubbies were a great thing to have to sell. They are super quick and easy, they are even something that you can sit and crochet at your market when it seems slow.
- Reusable – They are more economical than traditional scrubbers because you can just wash them and then reuse them for a long time instead of tossing them into the trash.
- Uses Little Yarn – All those scraps of worsted weight cotton yarn that you may have laying around work great for making scrubbies. It takes such a small amount of yarn that usually leftover yarn from other projects is all you need to make them.
- Saves Money – Aside from not using that much yarn, which alone makes them inexpensive to make, they will last for a really long time. If you use cotton yarn (which I recommend for scrubbies) it holds up extremely well and is very durable. Which means that it will last for quite some time.
- Yarn Variations – Different yarn brands have been expanding their scrubby yarn lines! So we aren’t stuck with just having to use plain cotton yarn to make scrubbies with, we now have quite a few fun scrubby yarns. One of my favorites is Yarn Bee Scrubology ‘Scrub It’ yarn. It comes in an array of different colors to make some fun scrubbies.
What Yarn Should You Use to Crochet Scrubbies?
When it comes to crocheting scrubbies, you are going to want to use a cotton yarn or a yarn that is specifically made for scrubbies. Cotton yarn is very durable and will hold up extremely well even after washing and reusing it.
This is a project that you most definitely do NOT want to use acrylic yarn for.
A few popular scrubby yarns are
- Yarn Bee Scrubology “Scrub It’ Yarn
- Red Heart Scrubby Yarn
- Red Heart Scrubby Sparkle
- Lily Sugar & Cream Scrub Off (it’s a blend of scrubby and cotton yarn on one skien)
The yarn options for scrubby yarns seems to really have expanded over the past few years so there are lots of fun options.
Enjoy all these FREE Crochet Patterns for scrubbies!
1. The Sun’s Out Scrubby
This cute crochet scrubby that will definitely brighten up any kitchen. This particular pattern uses red heart scrubby yarn and turns out so cute!
Find the Free Sun’s Out Scrubby Pattern HERE by A Crocheted Simplicity
2. Kitchen Scrubbies
These crochet kitchen scrubbies use a special stitch called the thermal stitch to make for a nice and thick scrubby. I also love the scrubby yarn that they are made out of, it comes in all fun and bright colors! There is also a video tutorial for these scrubbies!
Find the Kitchen Scrubbies pattern HERE by Okie Girl Bling n Things
3. Pot Scrubbers
This is a fun take on the traditional crochet tulle scrubbies. Instead of using a tulle like yarn, they are crocheted with the mesh from a produce bag. Talk about being creative and recycling!
Find the Pot Scrubbers Crochet Pattern HERE by Make & Do Crew
4. Favorite Scrubby
This is a basic round scrubby crochet pattern that uses 2 different types of yarn. You could make so many different color combinations of them!
Find the Favorite Scrubby Pattern HERE by Rich Textures Crochet
5. Makeup Remover Pads
These crochet cotton face scrubbies are a super quick make with only 5 rounds! I love how cute and feminine they are with the look of the soft puff stitches.
Find the Makeup Remover Pads Pattern HERE by Stitching Together
6. Face Scrubbies
When made in the yellow yarn, these little scrubbies make me think of lemon slices! There is even a video tutorial for this pattern and printable packaging that you can print off to wrap your scrubbies in. Making them the perfect thing to add to gifts!
Find the Crochet Face Scrubbies Pattern HERE by Desert Blossom Crafts
7. Suzy Flower Face Scrubbies
Do you have some small scraps of cotton yarn laying around? This is a great project to use scrap yarn for because you only need 10-11 yards of yarn per simple flower scrubby.
Find the Suzy Flower Face Scrubbie Pattern HERE by Sweet Bee Crochet
8. Rectangle Kitchen Scrubby
This scrubby is made to replicate a kitchen sponge but to be way better! Instead of having to toss these in the trash when they get dirty, you can just wash and reuse them over and over.
Find the Rectangle Kitchen Scrubby Pattern HERE by CAABCrochet
9. Watermelon Scrubby
Nothing says summer like a scrubby and I think that this watermelon scrubby would look perfect in any kitchen during the summer! Also peep the Pineapple scrubby in the background!
Find the Watermelon Scrubby Pattern HERE by Okie Girl Bling n Things
Find the Pineapple Scrubby Pattern HERE by Okie Girl Bling n Things
10. Floral Scrubby
I love the texture of these cute scrubbies! This would be a great pattern to use a soft cotton yarn to use for face scrubbies.
Find the Floral Scrubby Pattern HERE by CAABCrochet
11. Pineapple Scrubby
These pineapple scrubbies look like so much fun to crochet! I could see them going over well at a market in the spring / summer time!
Find the Pineapple Scrubby Pattern HERE by A Crocheted Simplicity
12. Face Scrubbies
This free pattern is a great alternative to using those disposable cotton facial rounds. Make a whole set in coordinating colors.
Find the Face Scrubbies Free Crochet Pattern HERE by Blue Star Crochet
13. Flower Face Scrubbies
These flower scrubbies would be an easy crochet project to make for your markets. I think everyone would love them, especially in fun bright colors!
Find the Flower Face Scrubbies Pattern HERE by Made by Gootie
14. Scrubbie Mitts
This is a neat scrubbie pattern that is different from your traditional round or rectangle scrubbies. I think that these would also make great crochet dish scrubbies if they were made with a scrubby yarn.
Find the Scrubbie Mitt Pattern HERE by Yarn Craftee
15. Polka Dot Scrubbies
I love the texture that these scrubbies have. Made with simple stitches and fun colors of cotton yarn, these scrubbies would be great added to a care package of some sort.
Find the Polka Dot Scrubby Pattern HERE by This Pixie Creates
16. Plush Face Scrubbies
I don’t think that crocheting face scrubbies can get much simpler than these plush scrubbies! They are the perfect size and whip up in a flash!
Find the Plush Face Scrubbies Pattern HERE by A Crafty Concept
17. Puff Stitch Face Scrubby
With only 4 rounds, these may just be the quickest scrubbies in this round up! I love the texture that the puff stitches give the little scrubbies
Find the Puff Stitch Face Scrubby Pattern HERE by Okie Girl Bling n Things
That wraps up this round up for 17 Scrubby crochet patterns! I hope that you have found a fun scrubby to crochet! So, go grab your crochet hook and favorite scrubby yarn and get started!