Coasters make for a quick project to crochet anytime! They are great for using up scrap yarn that you may have in your yarn stash and they also make for great home decor. Best thing about all these crochet coaster patterns is that they are all FREE!
In this round up you will find all kinds of coaster patterns from round coasters to square shape coasters. There is a little bit of all styles in this post.
Why are coasters a great project for any crocheter?
- They are fast and easy to crochet
- Require a small amount of yarn
- A small project that you can easily take anywhere with you
- Coaster patterns often use simple stitches so that even a beginner crocheter can easily make them
- They make for great gift ideas
What’s the Best Yarn to Use for Crochet Coasters?
Without a doubt, cotton yarn is the best yarn for crochet coasters! It holds up extremely well even after being used and washed many, many times.
Cotton yarn will also absorb the condensation off of your glass or cup better than acrylic yarn.
100% cotton that is a worsted weight yarn will always work best. Some of my favorite cotton yarns are
View my Other Crochet Pattern Round Ups!
- 17 Scubby Patterns
- 21 Dishcloth Free Crochet Patterns
- 50 Adult Beanie Crochet Patterns
- 25 Winter Scarf Patterns
- 101 Crochet Projects to Make When You Are Bored
- 21 Free Christmas Afghan Patterns
- Free Christmas Tree Skirt Patterns
- 17 Shawl Free Crochet Patterns
- Top Afghan Crochet Patterns
- Baby Blanket Patterns
- 21 Granny Square Bag Patterns
- Valentine’s Day Patterns
- St. Patrick’s Day Patterns
I have included all kinds of different beautiful crochet coaster patterns in this round up from fun and vibrant flower coasters to modern crochet coasters. I hope that you will find a pattern that you will enjoy crocheting!
Enjoy these 50 FREE Crochet Coaster Patterns!
1. Flower Coasters
I love using different colors of yarn to make these fun coasters. These would make for a great last-minute gift.
Find the Flower Coasters Crochet Pattern by Okie Girl Bling n Things
2. Mug Rug Coasters
These mug rugs use simple stitches and are a quick crochet project to whip up. There are so many color combinations that you can work up with this easy crochet coaster pattern that will look great!
Find the Mug Rug Coasters Crochet Pattern by Simply Hooked by Janet
3. Coffee Time Mug Rug
If you are a coffee lover, then you will want to make this free crochet pattern. These square coasters use a fun crochet technique called tapestry crochet.
Find the Coffee Time Mug Rug Crochet Pattern by The Loopy Lamb
4. Heart Coasters
Whether it is Valentine’s Day or you just want to add a little ‘Love’ to your decor, these heart coasters are perfect!
Find the Heart Coasters Crochet Pattern by Okie Girl Bling n Things
5. Mandala Coasters
This is a great coaster pattern that would work well for scrap yarn since every row is a different color.
Find the Mandala Coasters Crochet Pattern by Hooked on Patterns
6. The Sun’s Out Coasters
Add a ray of cheer to any room with this free pattern! I think that this pattern would work made in either yellow, orange or even a combination of both.
Find the The Sun’s Out Coasters Crochet Pattern by a Crocheted Simplicity
7. Rounds of Flowers Coasters
These coasters absolutely remind me of springtime and all the colorful flowers that bloom then!
Find the Rounds of Flowers Coasters Crochet Pattern by Raffamusa Designs
8. Easy Crochet Coasters
I love these crocheted coasters made with the contrasting color around the edge, it really makes it pop.
Find the Easy Crochet Coasters Pattern by Fosbas Designs
9. Textured Mug Rug
This is a change from regular round coasters and they have a lot of texture.
Find the Textured Mug Rug Crochet Pattern Fosbas Designs
10. Quinnley Coasters
These coasters are the perfect project if you are wanting something that uses basic crochet stitches.
Find the Quinnley Coasters Crochet Pattern by Through the Loop Yarn Craft
11. Plaid Coasters
These plaid coasters will make for the perfect coffee table decor in the winter time. There is even a video tutorial on how to crochet them in the blog post.
Find the Plaid Coaster Crochet Pattern by Nicki’s Homemade Crafts
12. Watermelon Coasters
If you are wanting something fun and fruit themed, then these watermelon coasters are perfect. Especially if you make them in the summer!
Find the Watermelon Coasters Crochet Pattern by Okie Girl Bling n Things
13. Teddy Bear Coasters
These coasters are beary cute!
Find the Teddy Bear Coasters Pattern by Hooked on Patterns
14. Koala Coasters
You may think, ‘do cute crochet coasters exist?’ Yes, they do and they are these cute koala coasters.
Find the Koala Coasters Crochet Pattern by Hooked on Patterns
15. Round Puff Stitch Coasters
I love the simple design of these coasters yet how cute they look!
Find the Puff Stitch Coasters Pattern by My Crochet Space
16. Daisy Flower Coaster
These Daisy flower crochet coasters are absolutely perfect and would make for the cutest decor for anywhere in your home whether in the dining room or living room.
Find the Daisy Flower Coaster Pattern by Jo to the World Creations
17. Boho Fringe Coasters
These beautiful crochet coasters look great when made in these natural colors.
Find the Fringe Coasters Crochet Pattern by For the Frills
18. Chrysanthemum Coasters
If you are wanting some fun and bright colored coasters, this is a great pattern!
Find the Chrysanthemum Coasters Crochet Pattern by My Hobby is Crochet
19. Moss Stitch Coasters
The moss stitch is an easy pattern to learn and striping the colors can really add detail to your finished piece.
Find the Moss Stitch Coasters Crochet Pattern by My Hobby is Crochet
20. Beaded Coasters
The beads are a great addition to any crochet project, but really add to these hexagon coasters.
Find the Beaded Coasters Crochet Pattern by Simply Hooked by Janet
21. Easy Pom Pom Coasters by Repeat Crafter Me
22. Chain Stitch Coasters by Repeat Crafter Me
23. Coffee Cup Coasters by Repeat Crafter Me
24. Citrus Coasters by Crochet 365 Knit Too
25. Cute Cat Coasters by Crochet 365 Knit Too
26. Kaleidoscope Coasters by Crochet 365 Knit Too
27. Square Crochet Coasters by Stitching Together
28. Star Coasters by Marsha Yarn Doodles
29. Cactus Coasters by Sewrella
30. Boho Heart Coasters by Stitching Together
31. Apple Coasters by Easy Crochet
32. Polka Dot Coasters by Raffamusa Designs
33. Rainbow Coasters by Stitch by Fay
34. Frog Coasters by Stitch by Fay
35. Donut Bear Coasters by Stitch by Fay
36. Boho Bobble Coasters by You Should Craft
37. Swirly Bloom Coasters by The Crochet Fix
38. Dainty Coasters by The Crochet Fix
39. Flower Coasters by Annie Design Crochet
40. Mushroom Coaster by Divine Debris
41. Cactus Mug Rugs by Divine Debris
42. Penguin Coasters by Divine Debris
43. Checkered Coasters by CAAB Crochet
44. Marigold Boho Coasters by Hooks, Books & Wanderlust
45. Modern Coasters by 5 Little Monsters
46. Sunflower Coaster by Crochet 365 Knit Too
47. Cup of Sunshine Coasters by Crochet with Gabriella Rose
48. Spring Bloom Coasters by The Unraveled Mitten
49. Forget Me Not Lace Coasters by Desert Blossom Crafts
50. Sunflower Coasters by Nana’s Crafty Home
That wraps up this round up for 50 Free Crochet Coaster Patterns! I hope that you have found a pattern that you love! Go grab your crochet hook and cotton yarn and let’s get started!