The Bobble stitch is such a fun stitch to make and has such a neat texture. I just recently learned this stitch and wanted to turn it into a headband / ear warmer and here is the finished product.
This is a project that works up fairly quickly and only uses a small amount of yarn. I don’t even think it used half a skein of the Heartland yarn that I was using.
- You can purchase the ad-free, downloadable, printable PDF pattern in my Etsy shop Here Thank you so much for your support!
- Save to your Ravelry Queue Here
- Pin to Pinterest to save for later Here
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel Here
Things you will need:
- Lion Brand Heartland (I used the color Pinnacles)
- 5.50mm / I hook
- Yarn needle
- ch = chain
- t = turn
- Sc = single crochet
- Sl st = slip stitch
- Sp = space
- Will fit an average adult head of 21’’ – 23’’ around.
- This headband uses a very neat stitch called the “Bobble Stitch” to create the little bobbles that give this headband is texture.
- How to do the bobble stitch: *yarn over and insert hook, pull up a loop (as if you were going to do a double crochet), yarn over and pull through 2 loops* repeat * to * 4 more times until you have 6 loops on hook, yarn over and pull through all 6 loops on hook. Bobble stitch made 🙂
Row 1: ch 12, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch st across (11)
Row 2: ch 1, t, * sc in 3 st, Bobble st next * repeat * to * once more, sc in last 3 st (11)
Row 3-5: ch 1, t, sc in each st across (11)
Row 6: ch 1, t, sc in 2 st, bobble st in next st, sc in 2 st repeat * to * 2 more times. (11)
Row 7-9: ch 1, t, sc in each st across (11)
Repeat rows 2 – 9, 7 more times.
Piece should be approx. 18’’ long.
Being careful not to twist, line up the 2 ends with the wrong side facing you.
Ch 1, and sl st the 2 ends together. The ends of your headband are now attached. Flip your headband right side out with the bobbles facing you.
Ch 1, and sc evenly all around the edge of the headband. When you reach the beginning, sl st into the 1st sc. cut yarn.
Attach the yarn to the other side of the headband. Ch 1, and sc evenly all the way around, sl st into 1st sc. Cut yarn and weave in all ends.
Cut yarn and weave in ends.
Happy Crocheting! 🙂