What is more adorable than teeny, tiny newborn baby booties? Well, maybe a little newborn foot, but these little booties are so sweet. And, with little newborns having such tiny feet, these little booties work up in a snap.
The inspiration for this pattern comes to me like a lot of my patterns do. I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for. I wanted just a simple, little bootie.
I wanted to use worsted #4 weight yarn because that is what I mostly use and have on hand. Most other patterns call for teeny, tiny hooks and a very lightweight or baby yarn.
I just wanted something simple that I could use the same yarn as my little baby hats so they would match. And, I came up with these. Pair them with a little baby hat and they would make a great handmade gift!
Find my free pattern for my Baby Bear Hats here
- You can purchase the ad-free, downloadable, printable PDF pattern in my Etsy shop Here Thank you so much for your support!
- Save to your Ravelry Queue Here
- Pin to Pinterest to save for later Here
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel Here
Things you will need:
- I Love This Yarn in your color choice (it’s a worsted #4 yarn)
- 3.50 mm Hook
- Yarn Needle
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- sc2tog = single crochet 2 stitches together
- dc2tog = double crochet 2 stitches together
- blsc = single crochet in back loops only
- t = turn
- Sl st = slip stitch
- 16 st x 14 r = 4” in sc
- Booties are made working in continuing rounds without turning, slip stitching into the 1st stitch of each round.
- Each bootie measures approx. 3 ¼’’ long.
- Make sure to use the correct hook to obtain the correct gauge!
Rnd 1: ch 9, sc in 2nd ch from hook and sc in next 6 ch st, 5 sc in the last st. Turn as to work down the other side of ch st, sc in 8 ch st, sl st into 1st st. You should have (20) stitches.
Rnd 2: ch 1, sc in 7 st, 2 hdc in the next 3 st, sc in 10 st, sl st into 1st sc of the round (23)
Rnd 3: ch 1, hdc in 7 st, 2 hdc in the next 5 st, hdc in 8 st, 2 hdc in 3 st, sl st into 1st hdc of round. (31)
Rnd 4: ch 1, blsc in each st around, sl st into 1st st of round (31)
Rnd 5-6: ch 1, sc in each st around, sl st into 1st st of round (31)
Rnd 7: ch 1, sc in 7 st, (sc2tog) 3x, sc in 18 st, sl st into 1st st of round. (28)
Rnd 8: ch 1, sc in 3 st, (sc2tog, sc in next st) 3x, sc in 16 st, sl st into 1st st of round (25)
Rnd 9: ch 1, sc in 2 st, (dc2tog) 3x, (sc, sc2tog) 2x, sc in 7 st, (sc2tog) 2x, sl st into 1st st of round (18)
Rnd 10: ch 1, (sc2tog) 3x, sc in 12 st, sl st into 1st st of round (15)
Rnd 11 – 18: ch 1, sc in each st around, sl st into 1st st of round (15)
Cut yarn, weave in ends. Roll the little cuff down. Repeat for other bootie.
Be sure and follow me on social media so you won’t ever miss a new pattern! 🙂
Happy crocheting y’all!