When I designed this cowl, I was wanting a cowl that only used 1 skein of Lion Brand Hometown USA Yarn. I live in a small town and our local Wal-Mart only carries like 5 or 6 colors this particular yarn. I had seen a lot of other crocheters/knitters using this yarn and finally decided to pick some up and give it a go. I bought 5 skeins, 1 of each color. I kept trying to find a pattern that only required 1 skein, but I couldn’t find any that suited me. After a few tries, I came up with this cowl. I love how simple the design is, yet how sophisticated it looks.
Finished cowl is 24’’ around and 9’’ tall
- You can purchase the ad-free, downloadable, printable PDF pattern in my Etsy shop Here Thank you so much for your support!
- Save to your Ravelry Queue Here
- Pin to Pinterest to save for later Here
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel Here
Things you will need:
- Lion Brand Hometown USA Yarn 1 (81yd) skein in your color choice
- 12 – P hook
- Yarn needle
- Ch = Chain
- SC = Single Crochet
- DC = Double Crochet
- BLSC = Back Loop Single Crochet
- BLDC = Back Loop Double Crochet
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
Ch. 37, being careful not to twist the chain, join into the back loop (BL) of 1st chain.
Rnd 1: ch 1, BLSC in each st around. Sl st into the BL of the 1st SC.
Rnd 2: ch 3 (counts as a DC here and throughout) DC into same st, BLDC around, sl st into the top of ch 3.
Rnd 3-10: repeat rnds 1 and 2 four times.
Cut yarn, weave in ends.
Have fun and crochet away
***Please do not sell, claim this pattern as your own, or use my photos. Feel free to sell your finished product, but give me credit and link it back to my blog, www.okiegirlblingnthings.com and use your own photos 😉 If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me, as I am always happy to help***