Hello everyone! It’s time for my March 2023 Income Report along with all my traffic details.
I’m going to start sharing monthly income reports and break them down (fees, etc.) so you can have a realistic view of what you can actually make blogging.
I do want to mention that I share these income reports in NO way to brag or boast, but to help INSPIRE someone else! I remember before I started blogging checking out another lady’s income reports and that is what really helped to motivate and give me a drive to start my own blog.
You may be wondering why I would even want to put my income out there, let’s be honest, it’s kinda of a scary thing to do. I just want to help INSPIRE someone else, because this is what truly inspired me to start my blog.
Just to be transparent, you don’t have to have any fancy degrees or be an SEO expert. I’m just a normal person that graduated high school and has no college degree. If I can do this, so can you!
Anyway, on to my March 2023 income & traffic report!
I’ll first break down exactly where my income came from, what each source is and then all my blogging fees for the month.
- Mediavine – $4,547.70
- Etsy – $2,973.54
- YouTube – $218.25
- Affiliate – $58.27
Grand total = $7,797.76
- Mediavine – This is a full service, ad management company. This is who places and manages all the ads that you see on my blog. Every time someone clicks on one of those ads, I make a small percentage off of it.
- Etsy – This is where my patterns sales come from. But, this month isn’t all just pattern sales. I also made crochet mystery boxes that I have been selling each month (but, I’m no longer doing so because they are so much work).
- YouTube – This money comes from the ads placed on all my YouTube videos and tutorials.
- Affiliate – I lump all the money I make from different affiliates in this sum because it can come from different places like Amazon Affiliates and other affiliates (whether for yarn, crochet hooks, supplies) linked on my blog. Also it can be part of pattern bundles that I do some months with other designers.
Here are this months fees
- Etsy fees – $388.62
- Shipping – $320.04
- Supplies for Crochet Mystery Boxes – $729.36
- Bluehost – $262.75
- Rank IQ – $122.75
- Flodesk – $19.00
- Canva – $12.95
- Tailwind – $19.99
Total for fees = $1,875.46
When you subtract the fees from the total income…
Profit for March 2023 = $5,922.30
*Note that this is before taxes. Taxes are harder to figure up, so I do put money back each month for that. But, this still gives you a pretty good idea of what I bring home.
- Bluehost – It was time to renew my web hosting and domain for the year, so this was a necessary expense. But, I’ll be good on this for a whole more year!
- Rank IQ – I just started using Rank IQ in January 2023 (but, I’m actually writing this post in August 2023). RankIQ is an AI-powered SEO toolset. Meaning that it finds keywords that help you to write posts that rank on the 1st page of Google. It is such a timesaver and I can’t recommend it highly enough! I’ve been using it for almost 8 months so far and can see how it’s helping. If you are like me and don’t know very much about SEO, you will want to use Rank IQ. I wish that I had found it when I first started my blog 5 years ago! It’s something that I highly recommend to all bloggers!
- Flodesk – This is my Email subscription service. It is hands down the most affordable option that I have found to send emails to my subscribers without breaking the bank. No matter how many subscribers that you accumulate, the pricing stays the same! Most email subscription services charge more as you get more subscribers. I’ve seen many where this can cost 100’s of dollars each month. Flodesk is truly the most reasonable and best!
- Canva – This is a graphic design website where I make ALL of my Pinterest pins, cover photos and other graphics that I need for my blog. I even type up my PDFs of my patterns in Canva. There are seriously so many things that you can do with Canva, I can’t even think of them all! This is a tool that EVERY blogger needs and will want to utilize. I do have the pro version, but they do have a free version that you can try out to see if you like it!
- Tailwind – I use Tailwind to schedule all of my Pinterest pins so they will pin automatically for me to different boards. There is a place to schedule pins right on Pinterest, but if you want to schedule 1 pin to multiple boards, Tailwind is such a time saver. Plus, it even does more than just schedule Pinterest pins, it can automatically publish content for you on other social media platforms too!
Now, let’s break down my traffic so you can see exactly how many people it took to come through my website to get these numbers.
Here’s what my traffic in March 2023 looked like
In total I had 134,994 views for my entire blog in March 2023. You can see where my traffic mostly came from. The top 2 traffic referrers were search engines (which is mostly Google search) and Pinterest.
And, under the WordPress Android App, 8,400 of those views came from Pinterest also. So, I actually had 24,492 views in total just from Pinterest.
A Few FYI’s about March 2023
Traffic went back up a bit compared to February 2023. The RPM’s where still pretty decent to be in the first quarter of the year.
(RPM’s have to do with my Mediavine ad earnings, but I won’t get all techy with that and bore you.)
Due to my RPM’s being pretty fair, I made some good ad revenue from Mediavine this month!
Expenses were still a bit higher than normal this month. That’s due to the fact of me selling my crochet mystery boxes making my Etsy fees quite a bit more and adding shipping and supply fees.
But, all in all March was great!
I hope that this March 2023 income report has helped to inspire and motivate you to start your own blog and give it a go!
If you want to look into starting you own blog, then be sure to check out THIS POST!
I’m beyond thankful that pattern designing and this blog has turned into my full time job! I feel like I have been so blessed with this opportunity.
I thank the Lord daily for leading me to start my blog years ago. It has brought so many blessings into my life and I never want to take them for granted.
“God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause His face to shine upon us; Selah. That Your Way may be known upon earth, Your saving health among all nations. Let the people praise You, O God; let all the people praise You. O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for You shall judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah. Let the people praise You, O God; let all the people praise You. Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us. God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear Him.”
Psalms 67: 1-7